Are you ready for some amazing family fun 2018 action at the Bend? As we get closer to June 15 (and the first day of Ultimate Showdowns 1), we are putting the final plans together to make sure that everything is ready to go for all of you. We are quickly making this race the biggest and fastest in Canada, and we want all of you to be there – racers and spectators alike. We have lots of fast, action-packed racing planned for June 15, 16 and 17.
All of the important information such as gate fees and payouts for each class can be found under the racing information above.
Here is what you can expect as a racer at Ultimate Showdowns 1:
- Entry fees will be paid at the gate to Grand Bend Motorplex, and payouts will be made by GBM
- Tech will be managed by GBM
- Qualifying lane assignments will be handed out on Thursday night or Friday afternoon (prior to qualifying run #1) – if you are not at the track until Saturday, you will be provided with a lane assignment then
- Testing on Friday will be $100 for everyone (times to be announced soon)
- Qualifying will take place at 7:30pm on Friday and 1pm and 4pm Saturday
- Eliminations will begin on Saturday evening at 7:30pm and will continue at 11am on Sunday
- Sportsman cars eliminated on Saturday night, or who do not qualify will be entered into GBM Extreme 32 on Sunday
- Pro Mods who are eliminated on Saturday night, or who do not qualify will be allowed to make test runs on Sunday
- Run order will be as follows: Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, Pro Modified
- Qualifying Sheets, ladders, and elimination sheets will be posted on our Facebook account after every round. One copy will be printed and available at the Ultimate Showdowns tent.
Here is what you can expect as a spectator at Ultimate Showdowns 1:
- Racing will take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday – come for a day or stay the whole weekend
- Grand Bend Motorplex has camping available – please check out their website for more information about camping
- Tickets are available on our website for download – they offer you complimentary entry and pit access, and parking is $40 a carload
- Once through the gates, you will have the chance to not only watch your favourite cars race down the track, you will be able to get up close with our teams and their cars in the pits!
Have any questions about Ultimate Showdowns 1? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, comment on our Facebook post or call us at 519.635.1961.